IBEW Local 113不容忍任何类型的性骚扰. Sexual harassment is unlawful and exposes our Local Union and any individuals involved in such conduct to significant legal liability. 地方工会希望它的雇员和成员相互对待, 公众人士, 供应商, 以及尊重和尊严的爱博体育登陆. Sexual harassment not only hurts the victim, but it also erodes union solidarity. 的 Local Union is therefore committed to the vigorous enforcement of this policy against sexual harassment. 对进行性骚扰的地方工会职员将进行处罚. 不能容忍地方工会成员的性骚扰行为.
- 不受欢迎的 requests to engage in sexual conduct; and
- submission to such conduct is made explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of obtaining or continuing an employment or membership benefit;
- submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is the basis for employment or membership decisions adversely affecting such individual; or
- such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating an intimidating, 敌对的或令人反感的工作环境.
Sexual harassment may include intentional physical conduct that is sexual in nature, 如接触, 捏, patting; non-physical conduct, such as staring in a suggestive manner; sexually-oriented gestures, 噪音, 讲话, 笑话, 或者评论一个人的性取向, 性经验, or appearance; and displaying pictures, 海报, 日历, 涂鸦, 对象, 阅读材料, 或者其他具有性暗示的内容, 性的, 或色情.
It is strongly recommended that the victim of sexual harassment immediately and clearly tell his or her harasser that the conduct is inappropriate, 不受欢迎的, 并且应该停止——这可能会结束骚扰. 此外，受害者应报告如下所述的骚扰.
Any individual accused of sexual harassment should not play any role in administering or making decisions under this policy.
I. 〇地方工会职员 当地的工会员工, 包括任何目睹性骚扰的主管, 是否应该向当地工会业务经理提出性骚扰投诉, or, 如果投诉是针对业务经理的, 当地工会主席或执行委员会成员. 投诉可以口头或书面提出. Sexual harassment complaints will be promptly and thoroughly investigated by 业务经理, 执行委员会, 或者是其中一个指定的人, 事实真相将会得到裁决. Complaints and information obtained during the course of the investigation shall be kept confidential, except to the extent disclosure is necessary to investigate and resolve the complaint, or as necessary to respond to claims in a legal proceeding before a court or an administrative agency. 调查后, 任何地方工会官员, 员工, or member found to have committed sexual harassment will be reprimanded and/or disciplined. In addition to discipline, the offender may be required to attend sexual harassment training. 的 nature of the reprimand and/or discipline imposed will depend on the nature and severity of the misconduct, 并可能包括解雇雇员.
II. 当地的工会成员 -地方工会成员在工作中可能遭遇性骚扰, 在JATC的培训, 或在地方工会活动期间. 的 options available to a member for seeking help depend upon where the harassment occurs.
A. 工作中的性骚扰: 的 雇主 is legally responsible for providing a workplace free of sexual (and other) harassment. If sexual harassment is encountered on the job, a remedy should be pursued from the 雇主.
1. 通知用人单位 – 的 员工 should find out if the 雇主 has a policy against sexual harassment, 如果是这样, 获取策略副本. 如果策略包含投诉流程, the 员工 should follow that process to report the harassment to the 雇主. 如果雇主有骚扰投诉程序, failure to inform the 雇主 about the harassment may result in a waiver of any legal right the 员工 may have to seek damages resulting from the harassment. 即使雇主没有一个正式的投诉程序, the 员工 should advise his or her supervisor or other 雇主 representative of the harassment.
2. 通知工作主管或其他当地工会代表 – 的 员工 may either ask the job steward to try to resolve the problem informally, 或者雇员可以对雇主提出申诉, 如果合适的话.
3. 学徒 – 通知JATC 在工作中遭遇性骚扰的学徒, 除了通知雇主和工作管家, 应该通知JATC主管吗. JATC主任, 根据JATC的反性骚扰政策, should ensure that the 雇主 takes appropriate action to address the apprentice’s sexual harassment claims.
B. JATC培训期间的性骚扰: Apprentices and other Local Union members may encounter sexual harassment 在JATC的培训. Complaints of sexual harassment at JATC facilities should be made to the JATC director or, if another representative has been appointed to receive sexual harassment complaints, 骚扰应向指定的个人报告. 有关额外指导，请参阅JATC的反性骚扰政策.
C. 地方工会工作期间的性骚扰: 会员在地方工会活动中可能遭遇性骚扰, 比如会员会议或社交活动.
(a)寻求非正式解决骚扰问题, 向业务经理报告骚扰事件, or, 如果投诉是针对业务经理的, 当地工会主席或执行委员会成员. 在这种情况下, 业务经理, 或执行委员会, 或者是其中一个指定的人, 是否会迅速而彻底地调查性骚扰投诉, 并对事实做出判断. 的 complaint and information obtained during the course of the investigation shall be kept confidential except to the extent disclosure is necessary to investigate and seek to resolve the complaint or as necessary to respond to claims in a legal proceeding before a court or an administrative agency. 如果发现性骚扰已经发生, 业务经理, 执行委员会, or other designated agent shall take appropriate steps to stop the harassment and will report to the victim the steps that have been taken; or
(b) File internal union charges against the harasser under IBEW Constitution Article XXV, 指控他违反了这项政策, 依照第二十五条规定的程序和期限.
2. 如果骚扰者是当地工会雇员, 受害者应向业务经理报告骚扰事件, or, 如果投诉是针对业务经理的, 当地工会主席或执行委员会成员. 在这种情况下, 业务经理或执行委员会, 或者是其中一个指定的人, 是否会迅速而彻底地调查性骚扰投诉, 并对事实做出判断. 的 complaint and information obtained during the course of the investigation shall be kept confidential except to the extent disclosure is necessary to investigate and resolve the complaint or as necessary to respond to claims in a legal proceeding before a court or an administrative agency. 如果在调查之后, 一名地方工会雇员被发现有性骚扰行为, 他或她将受到训斥和/或纪律处分. In addition to discipline, the offender may be required to attend sexual harassment training. 的 nature of the reprimand and/or discipline imposed will depend on the nature and severity of the misconduct.
Retaliation against Local Union members or 员工s who have reported or cooperated in an investigation of alleged sexual harassment is strictly forbidden. Retaliation in violation of this policy by a Local Union 员工 may result in discipline up to, 并包括放电. Retaliation in violation of this policy by a Local Union officer or member may result in discipline pursuant to internal union charges. All individuals involved in the investigation of a complaint must be treated in a professional and respectful manner.
这一政策已被IBEW Local 113采纳
IBEW Local 113 recognizes its legal obligation to represent all 员工s in a collective bargaining unit in their employment relationship, 不管他们是不是地方工会成员, and will vigorously represent all bargaining unit members who encounter sexual harassment at their workplace, 不管他们是不是地方工会成员.